Thursday, April 25, 2013

High Point Market Highlights...Part One

I had the incredible opportunity to visit High Point, NC for a few days this past week to preview and shop the High Point Market.  High Point is a furniture mecca and is where many furniture and home decor lines have permanent showrooms, but many more descend upon the area during Market Week to set up temporary showrooms for the thousands in the industry that come shop for new looks and products.  
Noir Showroom
Even though much of the furniture in my own home is thrifted and re-furbished as I stick to a pretty tight decorating budget, I love going to furniture showrooms and events like this.  It's a creativity boost and I found lots of inspiration for furniture finishes and design ideas.  I've actually always dreamed of going to High Point and back when I lived across the country, I didn't think it would really happen!  There is so much creative inspiration everywhere...I could easily spend a week here as it's so huge!
Of course, I wasn't alone on this little adventure...  I had a great time with some blogging friends from the area and a few from out-of-town (thanks Amy for organizing this!).  You may recognize some of them... From left to right: Suzy (Worthing Court), Shirley (Housepitality Designs), Rhoda (Southern Hospitality), Amy (Atta Girl Says), Kim (Savvy Southern Style), me, and Courtney (French Country Cottage).  This was my first time meeting Courtney as she flew out from California!  These gals have also been posting their pictures and High Point experiences, so make sure you head on over check out their blogs as well.  
Amy Howard
There were so many beautiful displays and showrooms to take pictures of, but I hardly scratched the surface!  From modern to European antiques, there many different styles...
Eloquence
Elegant Earth

Somerset Bay Antiques
A&B Home
We saw lots of industrial-inspired design, painted furniture, re-purposed items, and many things that we often see around the blog world...
There was truly something for every kind of taste at Market...
Our group also had the opportunity to tour the Traditional Home Show House in the area, Adamsleigh.  It was beautiful and each room was designed by well-known designers like Suzanne Kasler, etc.  Here are a few pictures from the tour...





With around 15,000 sq ft and so many beautiful historical details, it took most of an afternoon to tour!  It was well worth the time spent though...amazing.  Between the house and all the beautiful showrooms, I was in design-heaven, but I'm going to be sharing my favorite part of High Point (the antique warehouses) with everyone tomorrow along with all the goods that I crammed in my car for the way home...

Kristen


Sharing here:

16 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a fabulous time you girls must have had!!! Thanks for taking me along with your wonderful images!!! That design home is gorgeous!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I really need to check out the furniture market one day...looks like it's a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing:)

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

What beautiful pieces everywhere-I ran out of ooohs and ahhhs. And that home, really? Thanks for sharing your trip.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Beautiful shots, Kristen. Enjoyed my time with you and can't wait to do it again.

Kirby Carespodi said...

I used to get to the market (I live in the area) when my in-laws owned a furniture store. It was a blast. Love the photos!

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Kristen, Looks like a great time was had by all! Thanks for sharing with us - lots of beautiful things.

Seraphim Home said...

Thanks for the tour! I would love to go one day!

- Dana

The Charm of Home said...

Awesome tour of it Kristen! Thank you for sharing this. I too would love the antique markets! It would be the best! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Peppermint_Patt said...

Kristen,
Great post! Isn't it amazing how much the market photos you chose to feature were some that reflected the work of
decorative bloggers of the
past years? Several of the painted pieces made me think of ones you have featured on your own blog. Have had you in my prayers because I know preparing to move and trying to carry on with family life and run your shop, etc is very challenging. Enjoy your blog so much!


Laurel Stephens said...

I'm swooning over your photos of your trip. What fun!

April said...

So cool, thanks for a little insight. I have always wanted to go to market, ever since I was at ECU in design school. I have never been able to figure out a way to go since I am not a certified designer. Must Do!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

We had such a fabulous time!!...We were surrounded by so much beauty!...

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

LOVED seeing you and spending some of the time at HP. Sad I had to leave early. :( But I will be back in June (hopefully) to go to that new store you discovered and hoping to come home with my van filled to the brim, also. I love seeing everyone's pics. I still cant get over that amazing show house! wowzers. xxoo

Suzy said...

I had such a wonderful time with you and the rest of the group, Kristen. Your pictures are fabulous!

Debra@CommonGround said...

thanks so much for sharing all the fabulousness! I'd have gone bananas there!

One Shabby Old House said...

What fun! Every picture you took left me wanting to experience it for myself and what fun to connect with the girls of so many great blogs. I am so happy that Deb featured you so that I could experience another wonderful blog. I look forward to my visits back here. Until then
Becky

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...