Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Favorite Collection Ever

As I've slowly been settling into our new house by unpacking, painting, and moving furniture around, but there is one box that has remained unpacked though it's contents are my favorite collection ever.  I actually didn't trust putting the box in the big U-haul truck, so it rode with me all across the 3,000 miles it took to get here... Until this past week, these guys have just been waiting for me to unpack!  






I've been working on a special location for all these vintage alarm clocks and another for the big school-house clocks that I've collected over the years.  As much as I love them in the big, rustic cabinet like in these pictures, I thought I'd move them around a bit in the new house.  Even though it's a work-in-progress, I couldn't help unwrapping the clocks a bit early.  I'd forgot how much I love to look at them and it brightened my whole day.  

I can't wait to get them all arranged in their new location and with most items that I collect and furnish my house with, these clocks have a story. That's one of the reasons I love them so much.  I look forward to sharing it all with you in next couple of weeks as I complete my "clock project".    In the meantime, have a great Thanksgiving holiday! 



I'm linking up to the following party (which I'm totally new to), but excited to start joining them!

Add caption


10 comments:

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

Well, you know I LOVE your clock collection girl!!! I have no doubt your new home will be just as stylish and beautiful, maybe even more! Have fun and happy thanksgiving to all of you!!
Lots of hugs,
Hollie

Junebug Furniture and Design said...

Love your clock collection! I have collected just a few and have them displayed in a cupboard in our family room, and then have started buying them for Celia and my other daughter, Sonia! So, yes they are fun to buy, all having their own personality. I'm sure you will find a place for each and everyone to live!
Sooo, good to hear from you, we miss seeing you at the shows! We have been following you, and love hearing about your home and new city.
Blessings to you and your family this Thanksgiving!!!
xoxo Glad & Celia

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

I love your collection! I have a collection of vintage rhinestone clocks and I've always found it funny that for a girl who collects clocks, I'm always late! LOL!

Have a great week,
Judy

Eclectically Vintage said...

I am dying over this collection! So fabulous! Your hutch reminds me of my dining room one but mine is filled with a collection of milk glass.
Kelly

Honey at 2805 said...

You clock collenction is terrific! Best wishes for you and you family in your new home!

Thank you for linking your lovely collectionto Potpourri Friday!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I love your collection! I bought my first vintage clock at Goodwill a few months ago. I do find myself drawn to all kinds of clocks and have at least one in every room. However this was the first vintage purchase and it looks a lot like one on your shelf. Thanks for sharing and you have a new follower!

Honey at 2805 said...

Hi Kristen! You have been featured at Potpourri Friday today!! Everyone seems to love you clock collection from the comments I'm getting!

The Pennington Point said...

Oh.My.Goodness. This makes my heart go all fluttery! Thanks for sending me the link. I can't wait to look around your blog. Lisa~

Old Lucketts Store said...

What a wonderful collection. I love how you displayed them all - just beautiful! I'm a new follower too!

Unknown said...

There they all are! I started collecting old clocks a while back and can't seem to find many. You have all of them!! I have 7. Sharing is nice you know.
I guess you can tell I have been looking back at your blog this morning. The typewriter keys caught my eye and then I couldn't stop. I just had to say something here. Also, I live in Orlando and go to The Farm Chick Show every year, this will be my 5th year in a row. I love it. Anyway, I'll stop talking now. I'm enjoying your blog this morning and plan on coming back! Have a great Sunday~SueBee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...